Emotional Support Animal Requirements
- Charge pet rent or pet deposits for Emotional Support Animals
- Require an Emotional Support Animal to have any specific training
- Inquire about the extent of the disability or ask for detailed medical records for the individual requesting the service or emotional support animal, but the property manager can ask for a note from a doctor or licensed therapist
- Check your city laws for pets that are allowed on your property. If your pet is not allowed within your zoning classification, you may be able request a zoning exception.
- Effective January 11, 2021 all major airlines have banned ESAs
- ESAs travel under the same rules as cabin pets
- You are required to pay a cabin pet fee and your pet must be in a carrier during the flight
- Check with the airline if you are traveling with a pet that is not a dog or cat. There may be restrictions on the breed or types of pets that can travel in the cabin of the plane.
- If your dog qualifies as a Psychiatric Service Dog, the airline does not charge a pet travel fee. (see here for qualifications)
- Notify the airline when making reservation that you are traveling with a Psychiatric Service Dog